Goldstein, Rikon, Rikon & Houghton, P.C. is proud to be a sponsor of this year’s Eminent Domain and Land Valuation Conference to be held on January 25-27, 2018 in Charleston, South Carolina. Every lawyer in the firm will be in attendance.
Jonathan Houghton will be speaking on the Second Avenue Subway valuation issues in transportation corridor construction. Michael Rikon will speak on cross-examination of experts: Preparation, Mistakes and Getting It Right.
The faculty consists of over 50 speakers who are experts in the law of eminent domain from across the country.
The program will include:
- Takings and damaging by flood
- Blocking defenses, controlling the witness, and converting the verdicts
- Utility crossing disputes.
- Protecting your record and anticipating appeals
- Property rights in the age of global warming
- Building and growing your eminent domain practice with social media (and the ethical issues that social media raises)
- Alternative dispute resolution in condemnation
- Project influence – how to educate the bench
- Valuation issues in transportation corridor construction, and much more.
For more information and to register go to ali-cle.org/course/eminentdomain-and-land-valuation-litigation-CZ005.